Sunday 8 December 2013

DIY Christmas Nail Art

Candy cane Christmas nails

Products I used: 
  • Rimmel nail polish in Celebrity bash (red)
  • Rimmel nail polish in Your Majesty (silver)
  • Essence white tip painter 





Technique used: 

1. First I painted all my nails in Rimmel Celebrity bash red, I love all Rimmel's polishes, the pigment and consistency are fab, and the brush coats almost the whole nail in one go so it saves time too :) 

2. I waited for the red coat to dry then taking the tip painter and a small amount of white paint on the brush I drew two strokes going diagonally across the nail. You have to do this quickly so it doesn't get too thick. Don't be precious about it, just swipe the tip painter across diagonally. 

3. Wait for your candy cane stripes to dry, then paint a half moon of silver in the nail beds. I wasn't too neat about this but I think the silver just adds a nice bit of extra sparkle to your Christmas nails. 

Just add a top coat of clear nail varnish and you are good to go! 


 I'd love to see a snap if you follow this tutorial, just link in the comments below.


Keep on blogging it beautiful xoxo 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig