Tuesday 9 June 2015

Chest and triceps training plan

So yesterday, Monday was meant to be leg day. I do a three day split of weight lifting workouts but they have all got mixed up lately as I haven't been consistent and then just when I was getting consistent I was hit with food poisoning the day before yesterday and had to go home from work early yesterday with severe stomach pain. Safe to say there would no gym for me, thats why it is important to know your limits. I decided to upload my chest and triceps workout plan as the final part of my three weight workouts. The others are Back and Biceps Training Plan  and Legs and Shoulders Training Plan just click on the links to have a read.

When I first heard about weight training I was like but why would I want to work out my chest, I don't want big manly pectoral muscles...it's vital to work out every part of your body and to be honest I would possibly even give your boobs a boost! Triceps are probably my weakest muscle as my triceps are essentially bingo wings so they are a part of my body I really want to work out. Below are the following exercises I do for chest and triceps. I'm going to leave out what weights I do them on as it is important to figure out your weight capabilities for yourself. I would definitely start light and work on your form however.

Lower the bench into lying down position for a flat bench dumbbell press 4 sets of 8 reps. I do this with dumbbells as I am not strong enough to do a benchpress with the bar yet.

Incline dumbbell press 3 sets of 10 reps - so the bench is in seated position for this.

Cable Flys '21s'  so you do 7 reps of upwards cable flys, 7 reps of across the chest cable flys, and 7 reps of downwards cable flys then repeat this 3 times. Its hard to explain the exercises but I hope to include some pictures of video in the future on my blog so you can fully understand but for now Youtube is your friend.

Tricep pulldowns 3 sets of 12-15 reps using the cable machine machine again.

Closegrip Dumbbell press 3 x 10 reps You will be back on the bench for this.

Overheard press 3 x 10

Hope these workouts help, let me know if you have been following any of them in the comments below!



 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig