Thursday 5 November 2015

Banana & chocolate oat bites

I'm always looking for ways to maximise my choices from the Slimming World plan  so I decided to experiment with making banana oat bites with dark chocolate chips and keep them healthy and SW friendly. Here's how I got on...



Thirty five grams of porridge oats are your healthy extra B so I took them, a banana and 10 g of dark chocolate chips. 100g of the chocolate hips were 500 cals so 10g was equivalent to 50 calories which works out at 2 and a half syns roughly. So essentially you get five banana oat bites for only 2 and a half syns. These are delicious and really fill that sweet craving. 

I made them by mashing the banana and mixing the oats in with it and then adding the chocolate chips to the mixture. 

I know slimming world say if fruit is cooked it has to be synned but let's just focus on this as a far healthier version than having a banana bread muffin or a chocolate chip cookie - yes these oat bites really do taste like that! 

Then I used a tablespoon to divide he mixture up into five small spoonfuls which I put on tinfoil on an oven tray. I sprayed the tinfoil with fry lite to ensure that they don't stick. 

I baked in oven gas Mark 7 or around 180-200 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on them.. If you increase the weight of oats etc they will take longer to cook. 



I really recommend this recipe, quick and easy and so so tasty. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig