Wednesday 10 February 2016

My Skincare Routine

I reached out to you all at the start of January 2016 asking what posts you would like to see and one request was an everyday skincare routine. I do change up my products as I receive samples to test out but when I find something I like I tend to stick with it. This post will feature a mix of skincare I have been testing out lately so it can also be taken as a mini review of sorts! 

I have quite dry sensitive skin so I am always wary of what products I put near my skin especially to take my makeup off and to mositurise the skin. I had heard so much hype about the Irish skincare brand Kinvara that I sought out the absolute cleansing oil when Meaghers pharmacy were having an online winter sale. It can also be bought on kinvaraskincare.ie and in some health stores. It smells divine and reminds me of spa like products. I squeeze two pumps of this in my hands and use it to cleanse the skin followed by hot cotton wool. It's good for sensitive skin as there are no nasty chemicals and is also good to gently remove eye makeup. You do need to double cleanse though I find if you are wearing a lot of makeup. (Kinvara pictured below middle) it's in a glass bottle so be careful!

                                

I recently attended a P&G Beauty event in the Radisson Blu and was gifted some goodies to try out which included this Olay Total effects 7 in 1 feather weight moisturiser. I'm only 22 but now is the time to start looking after the skin and preventing the effects of anti ageing so I was delighted to try this out. It's non greasy, fast absorbing and promises to brighten, even the skin tone and improve the skin texture. It's RRP is €22 and should be in stores soon. The only thing I would say is it is quite fragranced but hasmr aggravated my skin which is a plus. It also sinks in fast which I love so I can apply my makeup quickly, and it also contains an spf 15. 

For anyone who has suffered with dry tight skin in need of serious hydration I highly recommend picking up Vichy Aqualia Thermal dynamic hydration power serum. I received a few samples of these a while ago and am still working my way through them. The serum gives your skin a serious much needed moisture boost and I would apply it after my night cream before I go to sleep to wake up with seriously hydrated glowing skin. This can be bought in selected pharmacies nationwide, Boots where they often do 3 for 2 or www.vichy.ie

I don't often use a facial treatment or an exfoliator but when I do I like to use something quick and easy like the REN flash 1 minute facial with water activated vitamin C. I also like to use the Ziaja Olive Leaf gel scrub gentle exfoliator in the shower twice a week on my face as it's quick and simple. 

                             

                             



For night creams I switch between Vichy  the Aqualia Thermal range in the rich cream or the REN frankincense revitalising night cream. REN skincare is so rich and creamy on the skin, and it really feels like you are being pampered. REN can be purchased on www.cloud10beauty.com where they have great deals on skincare to suit all skin types. 


Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know what your holy grail skincare products are in the comments below xx


  

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig