Tuesday 16 August 2016

Brunch @ Cleaver East

Have you ever been so full from a meal that you genuinely cannot picture being hungry ever again?

Well get used to it if you plan on brunching at Cleaver East. Silly me, eyes being much bigger than my stomach, I decided to plump (literally) for the two course brunch with bottomless (hic) cocktails at Cleaver East last Sunday. And boy am I regretting it... only for my waistline though apart from that the food was out of this world. Impeccably presented and no waiting around our feast arrived on the table promptly one course to follow another. Bottomless cocktails really were bottomless as we barely had to lift a bellini or mimosa filled glass for a refill once during our two hour sitting.


I ordered the huevos rancheros - fried eggs, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, tortilla cheap and chorizo heaven on a plate. This was classified as a 'light bite' but I should have stopped here as it filled me up to the brim. Chicken and waffles were next on the menu but forget any diner versions you may have of this in your mind's eye. This was the most delectable Belgian waffles piled high with crispy bacon, spicy maple syrup and three breaded chicken breasts. I could only manage a couple of mouthfuls. I'm going to blame my complete ineptitude to really tuck into this brunch on the cocktails as I was guzzling them ninety to the dozen and I never really was one to drink and eat. Eatin' is cheatin'!

The eggs Benedict looked divine and are definitely a firm brunch favourite, as did the monkfish tacos for something different. The menu was seriously varied offering duck, crab claws and the most incredible selection of the desserts - I only wish I had had space to try them.

I'll definitely be back... however I think just the one course will do!

Two courses are €35 including bottomless mimosas/bellinis. Otherwise bottomless cocktails are €16.

*This was not a paid for visit/PR gift/sponsored review.*

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig