Wednesday 11 June 2014

My Summer Skincare Routine

I'll honest with you...when it comes to skincare, I rarely give it a second thought. When I find something that works, I stick with it and rarely change it up. This post contains my absolute old reliables that have always worked for me and that don't break the bank. ;-) Key when you are on a student budget.

My skin type is normal to sensitive as I have slight rosacea which means a lot of red pigmentation in the skin as most Irish cáiliní will have! I VERY RARELY get spots, like I'm talking maybe twice a year but I do tend to get dryness or sensitivity and I have had random blemishes pop up.



My go to cleanser has always been NO7 Soft and Soothed cream cleanser. It retails at €10.50 from Boots, but you know the way they always give you those No7 vouchers at the till? Yeah I usually end up paying about six euro for this baby ;-) I apply it to the skin with my fingertips and use hot cotton wool to remove it. This gets rid of all my makeup and is perfect for sensitive skin.

I recently bought the Garnier Micellar Water, now usually I would be the LAST person to buy into 'fads' but this genuinely works! I got it in my local chemist for €2.95 although I see they have raised the price to €4.95 now! It is such a big bottle and says it is meant to last 200 uses, but I have three quarters of it gone already! It definitely works, even at removing stubborn mascara. Read my review of it here

I never really use moisturiser normally I just use a primer, but I had to buy a new moisturiser recently as it really does make a difference to your skin. I purchased the Simple hydrating light moisturiser. Only cost 4 yoyo's and it sinks into the skin straight away leaving it feeling soft and hydrated! It doesn't feel greasy either or heavy which is a huge plus. This means you can apply your makeup straight away and not have to hang around the let it sink in. :)

For something extra...



La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5 is my wonder product for skin that is in need of soothing or reparation. It gives chapped lips and skin a new lease of life and starts working on repairing from the inside. It costs €12.50 from Boots but I got this massive tube from a pharmacy in Maynooth for €10.50 so shop around gals! It literally works on any skin problem from dermatitis, eczema, dry skin and chapped lips. Just rub a bit on, and within minutes your skin will no longer feel irritated and lips will feel hydrated.

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what your extra somethin' somethin' for your skin is below :)





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig