Saturday 2 August 2014

Makeup Favourites for All Budgets

I decided to do a blog post on my makeup favourites after two of my fellow lady bloggers on Twitter gave me the idea, Girl with the Skew Earring and Beauty Baggage I'm looking at you! :)

They challenged me with posting about my favourite go-to products that really work for me and that I keep going back too. I decided to do a splurge and a save version as there are certain budget products I know will also work for me, as there are certain spendier products that I turn too when I have the moolah ;-)

Foundations

*Splurge MAC Studio Sculpt NC25 is a fantastic gel based super hydrating foundation that really suits my normal to dry skin. It gives me long lasting coverage and they are the two things I look for in a foundation. It is on the more expensive side as it costs around €31.50 I think!


*Save Rimmel Match Perfection also really suits my skin in the colder months when my skin is lighter I choose True Ivory. It has  a yellow tone which is hard to find in a budget foundation that works well to correct the red undertones in my skin. It makes you look glowy and has buildable coverage. For less than a tenner you can't go wrong with Rimmel foundations! Lasting Finish is also heralded by none other than Suzanne Jackson of So-Sue-Me as a great long lasting foundation.

Mascara

*Splurge For those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I am mad about mascara! I love nothing more than coating those fair lashes of mine and creating some lash definition and length! So my more expensive mascara of choice would be No7 lash adapt mascara for buildable volume. This is my favourite mascara, it is dear enough though at €16.95 Worth saving up your points on your Boots card for!

*Save
The mascara that I keep going back to is Catrice Better than False Lashes mascara. I use the waterproof version all the time as it doesn't flake at all. It has a seriously fab brush to make your lashes stand out and a gorgeous dense black colour. This costs less than four euro I think so really is a budget fave of mine.


Bronzer

*Splurge MAC natural skin finish in Medium Deep is unbelievable for a natural contoured look. It is however around the thirty euro mark.

*Save
I choose Catrice matte bronzer in medium bronze. It is a fantastic shade not on the orangey-red side which you want to avoid. You also don't want a shimmer in your bronzing power if you are using it to contour. It also lasts all night long, and for the price tag you don't need to worry about smashing it! €3.99 in some chemists.

Face Powder/Finishing powder

*Splurge I purchased MAC skin finish natural in medium, the lid broke off, and the powder all stuck together when I wasn't anywhere near hitting pan. When you are spending so much on a product like MAC this really isn't on. I bought it in New York so wasn't too sure about what my consumer rights were when it got all messed up here. This is a good powder however for adding extra coverage, and for keeping your makeup on. Once again all of these compacts are around the 30 euro mark.

*Save I am using a translucent powder by Catrice atm, it claims to be mattifying and waterproof. It is good, however I am reluctant to agree with its waterproof claims! I sweat an awful lot at work when I am waitressing and it isn't fab. I would recommend Rimmel Stay Matte powder for this. Both are on the budget side :) A plus for Catrice however is the fact that it is translucent and doesn't add colour to your makeup.

Lipstick!!

This is my favourite part I am a huge fan of lippies and luckily there are some fantastic dupes and great lipsticks on the cheaper end. For something as versatile as a lippy I love that you can try one out there colour and not break the bank!


*Splurge I lost my love for MAC a little while ago but it is back with a vengeance since I discovered their Playland collection. Once you use a lip liner any lipstick will stay and give you fantastic pigment power. A lippy from MAC will set you back around €19.50 but if you return six empties of anything by MAC be it empty foundations, concealers and lippies you will get a free lipstick of your choice!

*Save Catrice lipsticks are under a fiver and have a gorgeous creamy consistency. They also have a huge shade range. I also bought some on MUAstore.co.uk and some only cost €1.18! It can be hard to choose a colour on line but they are very cheap so not too much money lost if you end up not liking it!

Hope this helps for those of you looking for budget and brand favourites :)

 
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Fab post Katie! I have yet to find a MAC product that I can justify spending money on, but I love the look of their mineral skin finish. I generally make do with the budget version dupes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea, much better than how I even envisaged it! I own no Catrice products, I may need to justify that! I'll try remember that No7 mascara. At moment I cannot justify buying anymore mascaras (have too many open and back ups in my drawer than is necessary right now - haha)!

    Great post my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea for a post! I've never heard of the brand Catrice!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Ireland so I know they are available here and they are a German brand :)

      Delete
  4. Great post! I have to get more Mac makeup! But damn it's so expensive haha! :P

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig