Monday 21 March 2016

Six Weeks to Slim

Six weeks isn't an awful lot of time to overhaul your entire lifestyle especially if you have a penchant like me for family size bags of crisps and bars of chocolate. Six weeks however is the length of time it is until my cousin's hen weekend away and so while I'm not back to where I started back in August... I could certainly do with a kick start back to healthy! Summer is fast approaching and while I have started back running with the help of a fantastic little app I will tell you about in a second it's time to get food on board too! I think my giving myself a six week goal I have something to aim for and I plan to post every week letting you know how I am getting on.

I don't want to give myself a set amount of weight to lose as I feel when I do this I set myself up for failure but I would be happy if I lose seven pounds and over the moon if I lose ten pounds or above. So how do I plan on doing it, I heard you ask...



Running - fantastic way to burn fat and all you need is a pair of runners and a sports bra. The other things which spur me on however are the Couch to 5K app which I have been working on the last two weeks. It will help you gradually build up the length of time you are running for. The second must-have is a killer playlist. Pick songs that spur you on, energise you and make you feel motivated.



Classes - I am a member of the gym and I go in fits and starts. My goal for the next few weeks however are to go to the gym 1-2 times a week on top of the running and do a fitness class there. I've been wanting to do their strength and conditioning class there for a while so I'm going to push myself to go. I've been put off from going to it as I honestly don't think my level of fitness is up there but I might surprise myself.




Slimming World - For those of you who read my blog regularly enough will know I attended Slimming World for a few months and it really did work for me when I followed the plan to a T. I fell off the bandwagon however and plan to jump back on and kickstart myself by looking back on my old posts. For example here's a post from the week I lost three and a half pounds... Week 6 Slimming World Taking into account a few ups and downs over those six weeks I had lost eight pounds at this point so I can easily do it again!

I know some people don't agree with Slimming World and maybe some groups promote processed foods i.e. Mugshots, Muller Lights, their ready meals - But I have never eaten any of these and the whole time I was losing weight on the plan I had maybe one Muller Light because I don't even like the taste! My focus will be on making meals from scratch, cutting down on bread, eating a varied diet and making sure I eat loads of 'speed' foods aka fruit and vegetables that speed up weight loss. I eat healthily enough as it is... my biggest issue is my sweet tooth and I need to learn to control that. If you follow me on my Instagram account I have previously posted pictures of meals I've made and I will continue to do so over the next few weeks to hopefully inspire if you're stuck in a food rut!

Mindful eating is something I will be researching as well as too often eating can be comfort or stress eating which is not beneficial. I  think eating slower, making meal times an event instead of eating on the go, drinking enough water so its not thirst disguised as hunger are all good ways to start. I read an article on mindful eating tips which interested me.

I will be keeping you all updated on social media i.e. Snapchat of how I'm getting on and hopefully after the six weeks we will be seeing some decent results. Every week I'm going to post what I ate, what exercise I did, any handy tips I came across, motivation and how I'm feeling in general and I'd love if you could all interact in the comments or on the Blogging it Beautiful Facebook page by private message.



 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig