Wednesday 20 November 2013

Sleek makeup, E.L.F cosmetics & Collection Haul!!

Makeup haul
 
First of all apologies for the bad picture quality, but my makeup haul is finally here! I ordered things off ELF cosmetics weeks ago and they finally arrived yesterday. I was ecstatic until I saw the lipsticks! Serious thumbs down! :(
 
I wanted to include a picture of why I didn't like the lipsticks, but it wouldn't upload. They are jammed into their tubes, and the pink one has weird bubbles on it. They are also horrible colours and look like the ones you used to get in those cheap sets when you were younger.
 
Sorry to start on such a negative note but apart from that I was delighted with the other products I received from Elf cosmetics.
 
I ordered a makeup artist brush belt which is decent quality, has lots of space for brushes and an adjustable cord to fit the size of the wearer. I can't wait to get use out of this when I am doing some professional MUA work. It is made of a faux leather material which will be great to wipe clean.
 
St. Lucia blusher and contour cream is next on the list, at just £3.75 it was an absolute snip and I love it! Contouring is big these days and I can't wait to have fun playing around with it. I got the lightest shade available as I have heard they can be quite dark.
 
Their ultra cheap white handled  pro concealer brush was also on my wish list and it does the job. The brush head is a little on the small side, it is great for getting into the inner corners of the eyes but for people who are lazy like me it takes a lot of blending. The brush hairs are synthetic fibre which is good for any liquid products.
 
Elf cosmetics were having a 50% off sale when I ordered so it all came to a very good price. Disappointed about the lipsticks however as I have had such a good experience with MUA cosmetics another beauty brand, and expected other websites to be of the same quality.
 
I have emailed them however and hopefully they will rectify the situation.

My makeup purchases
 
Sleek Makeup now have a stand at Boots Liffey Valley. I was so excited and rushed over to buy a few bits as I had yet to try Sleek Makeup even though I hear a lot about it in the beauty blogosphere.
 
My purchases are above, the Sleek vintage romance eye shadow palette and the sleek makeup fuchsia lipstick.
 
Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on so I purchased gel liner from Collection also :)
 
I ended up getting the lippie for free! Bargain!
 
The eye shadow palette has  a gorgeous selection of jewel toned eye shadows with quirky names such as Court in Cannes and Propose in Prague. Most are satin or shimmer eye shadows but there are one or two matte shades which is great for the crease.

Swatched Fuschia
 
The swatch above is of the fuchsia lipstick, it is a really strong gorgeous almost neon colour which is fab for a night out, or a day out when you just want a bold strong lip!
Makeup Of The Day
 
Above, is a makeup look I created with my new gel liner from Collection in black, and Fuschia lipstick from Sleek! I wore this look for college as sometimes I just feel like making an effort! :)
 
The lipstick is creamy, and you would think it was matte but as the picture above shows it has a little bit of sheen to it.
 
Handy little pictorial for gel liner application- it's trickier than it looks!
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this blog post of my haul, I'll have some makeup looks up soon :)
 
Stay tooned ;)
 
xoxo
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig