Wednesday 9 April 2014

Drop a Dress Size Challenge

Hi all! I just want to give a short intro to this blog post, even though the title is quite self explanatory. I am going on holiday in 10 short weeks and I would love to have dropped a dress size by the time I have to fit into a bikini. I've been told it takes losing ten pounds to drop a dress size so my goal will be just that.




I plan on posting every week, on a Thursday with my weight loss results hopefully, what worked for me that week, what didn't, exercise and meal plans. I am hoping this will catch on and inspire other ladies to post about their weight loss and motivate them to achieve their weight loss goals for the summer.



My three main goals for this week are as follows:

1. Drink more H20. Water that is. It is so important to drink at least 2 litres everyday. Add some lemon, cucumber and mint and you have the perfect detox drink.


Have a hot cup of water and lemon to cleanse your digestive system and sip on some water throughout the day. There are so many skin, health and weight loss benefits to drinking water and it is so simple. So I plan on upping my intake to 16 glasses a day if I can manage it! There is an app on my phone called Quench, I'm sure there are others. It helps you work out how much water you should be drinking everyday and also reminds you to drink a glass every so often. No excuses!

2. Eat more fruit.

Fruit is actually delicious, naturally sweet, low in calories and can help curb cravings. It is also packed full of nutrients, vitamins and minerals which will make you glow from within. I don't know why I don't eat more of it to be honest, I love blueberries on my porridge, strawberries, bananas, oranges and pineapple, and grapes. Make a big fruit salad or else display it like this to get you into your summer frame of mind:

 
 
3. Eat less bread.
 
I am an absolute divil for my Mam's homemade brown. It is healthy obviously in comparison to white bread but it is carbs and carbs do tend to bloat. I also work in the hospitality industry and the quickest thing to hand is usually delicious fresh baked bread so that is what I tend to snack on without realizing.


So they are three simple goals for the week, so hopefully by following them and increasing my exercise I should have one pound off easily for next week!

 

My exercise plan will be to run three times a week. I love going to the gym but between work and college I really don't have time so I just plan on doing thirty minutes three times a week. A five minute warm up, run/walk for a minute at a time for twenty minutes, and a five minute cool down and stretch should get me started nicely!

Good luck ladies and let me know if you want to participate by posting in the comments! We will be strutting our stuff in that bikini in no time! :)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig