Thursday 29 May 2014

Leaving Cert Weather


It's that time of year again! Now while I did my Leaving Cert two years ago, I still am getting that sense of pre-Leaving Cert fear as I am working for a few hours a week in a school. I am working in the library where I get to see people stressing up close. I hate to say it but it almost amuses me watching them thinking they are now fully fledged 'adults' as they have left school officially but are allowed back in wearing their own clothes to study.

Reminds me of when I was them thinking I had it all sorted out, glaring at anyone who did so much as breath while I studied for 'the most important exam of my life.'

Let me tell you something kids...It's not that important. Your life will not end if you don't get the bajillion points you want to study Veterinary or Medicine or Dentistry. You're 18 at most for christ sake you haven't a clue what you want! Excuse me if this post turns into a rant but the Leaving Cert is bullshit. It is the most ridiculous exam designed to test your memory not your knowledge.

This is coming from someone who did well in the Leaving cert, got into university to study languages - and HATED it. I got the course everyone told me I should do, the subjects I loved...and guess what? It was taught totally different in college and included modules I had no interest in. So before you make the same mistake as I did...please, please pay more attention to the course rather than the points.

Do a plc. This are post Leaving cert courses which many people mock but which I completely am for. They give you a year to decide if the course is what you want to do, if it's not the worst you come away with is a fetac level 5 which is a qualification and with 750 euros more in your pocket than if you had chosen uni first time around. Don't be a snob, consider them.

Just remember, in the end everything will be ok. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

Like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/bloggingitbeautiful

xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig