Wednesday 4 January 2017

My Year in a Review

I feel like a bit of a fraud doing a blog style year in review - I haven't blogged properly in so long. There was a time when I first started blogging that believe it or not three times a week was the norm. If I manage to write a blog post once every three months nowadays I feel like I'm doing well.

There is a couple of reasons for my disappearance from blogging over the last while and I'll let you in on how my 2016 has been. It's been full of life, living, happiness, setting and achieving goals and travelling to places I never thought I'd see. And that's allowed, because cliche aside.... You only get one life so you might as well live it. 

I've struggled with some terrifying lows as well over this past year - it's funny how the happiest of times can suddenly make you so aware of the depths you could sink to as well. 

                    
Let's focus on the positives however and I'll take you on a whirlwind tour of my year... 

March held a visit to Geneva, Switzerland for me to visit two very old friends of mine. We have known each other since we were around 9 years old, and though we live in different countries and have only met up about three times max in the last 10 years it's almost like we never left. 



The summer I travelled to Amsterdam and Brussels - ate waffles, took a canal boat tour, experienced some red light nightlife and had a ball of a time. 






The summer is also when I started seeing someone very special who was to set the benchmark for how the rest of my year would go... Up! 

                 

We have had so many amazing experiences together in the past short five months and I can't wait to see what the New Year brings. 

I finished my thesis in August and graduated in November. I left a job and started a new one within a very short space of time...it was definitely a big period of transition for me leaving college and becoming a "grown up". I turned 23 this year but I still feel like I'm 17. Anyone else feel like that? 

                            
  

This Christmas was the perfect example of the fact that it's the people that make the holidays. My time off work consisted of a weekend, but I still had the most special time surrounded by the people I love the most. 

                             

I'm so excited for 2017 and too see what it brings... Most importantly I have to remember to just breathe and enjoy the process. 

                                

Wishing everyone a very happy New Year full of love, laughter and happiness xx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig