Wednesday 16 July 2014

How to Make Your Make-up Last All Night

One thing I have always struggled with is that no matter how well I applied my foundation, come five hours later it would be patchy and have sunk into my skin leaving me with little to no coverage. It used to always frustrate me, but now, and hopefully I don't jinx myself I think I've found a cure!

First of all, you have to make sure your base is prepped. Your base meaning your skin. If your skin is dry, and in need of attention it doesn't matter if the foundation that you are putting on top of it cost three euro or thirty. My skin is on the dry side, and as explained to me by a skin expert if your skin is dry it will just suck up all the foundation and moisture it can get which is why my foundation always seems to dissapear into the skin. 

Now I have never been one for fancy creams, and I will admit until recently I didn't moisturise regularly. I've shook up my make-up habits and started using a miracle product from....Aldi. 


The AQUA-Complete serum from their Lacura range is formulated for normal to dry skin. It lists aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, and glacier water amongst its ingredients. And best of all cost me about four euro. The latest big beauty trend seems to be serum this and that, so I decided to give it a go. 

The bottle is a gorgeous frosted glass, and one pump gives enough to cover the whole face and neck avoiding the eye area. It dries into my skin super quick. Nothing I hate more than having to wait to apply my moisturiser/makeup. 

Next I apply Simple light hydrating moisturiser which also sinks into the skin so easily without leaving a greasy feeling. 


Then I use my most favourite primer and the most awarded primer the Smashbox Photofinish primer. It really is worth what you pay for it, and I have tried many a primer. I think it's best to apply primer with a clean foundation brush, but most of the time the fingers will do. 


It really just melts into the skin leaving it velvety soft and ready for makeupping! :) 

This three step routine I have been following along with switching my foundation to MAC Studio Sculpt, a gel based foundation formulated for normal/dry skin and applying it with my Expert Face brush from Real Techniques has really made a huuuuuge difference to how my makeup looks and how long it lasts. 

Give it a go if your skin type is on the dry side!

xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig