Tuesday 14 April 2015

Be the Best You Lifestyle Challenge: A Look Back

While there is still one week left of the #BeTheBestYou challenge I have been undertaking I decided to take a look back on how far I've come and what I've learnt. 

If I'm totally honest I didn't stick to the exercise plan, I know if I did I would most definitely be slimmer and more toned by now but coming from a person who thinks a half hour walk is exercise, twenty minutes of High intensity interval training left me feeling faint. I want to gradually build up my fitness levels and hopefully in a few months I will be able to do all of those exercises on the plan five times over. 

                                     
   

Nutrition wise I feel like I have learnt so much. The notes and guidelines Claire gave us were a great help and got us to understand why we were limiting carbohydrates. Avoiding white carbs and limiting starchy carbs such as sweet potato, brown bread, oats to after a workout. At the start this concept was alien to me but for the last two weeks I ate no carbs and I felt so much better in myself. I had more energy, I didn't feel sluggish, and most of all I didn't feel like I NEEDED my comfort food, I felt satisfied with chicken and veg or steak and veg et cetera. Lunch was soup or salad and breakfast was scrambled or poached eggs which did get a bit boring I have to say but that's down to me to make my meals more interesting. 

I went a bit mad on the weeknd and started indulging in crisps, chocolate and bread again and lo and behold my skin broke out like never before and I started having stomach issues again. It really shows in such a short space of time how food can affect you in a good or bad way. 

                   
    

So we have one more week ahead of us, I'm not expecting any big results weight wise at the end but I have definitely learnt a lot about food, nutrition and am focused on becoming a more healthier me and on being the best me. Strive for progress not perfection is definitely my motto to live by.

                                 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig