Tuesday 7 January 2014

How to Contour like Kim Kardashian

 
It seems like the whole world has gone contour crazy! It is easy to see why though as contouring and highlighting where needed really helps us girls to get that flawless face shape.
 
Here are some extreme examples of contouring and how they can help correct the face shape:
 
The above picture is an example of how dark shading and contouring around the nose can help to slim and elongate the nose.

 
The above photo is fantastic for any ladies in their thirties and onwards. Smile lines start to develop around the mouth and by highlighting the dark shadows with a lighter concealer or foundation they can be erased.

 
And this photo just shows the wonders of makeup and contouring in general! We can all look like models with the right skills and tools! ;)
 
On that note it is time to talk about my tools of choice. My go to contour cream is found in the E.L.F St. Lucia blusher and bronzing cream palette below. It retails at £3.75 and can be found here http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/
 
 
The cream is just so easy to use and gives a longer lasting and more dramatic effect than powders when contouring, and the blush is a great universal blush which looks fantastic on most complexions.
 
Other tools I use include:
  • MUA matte foundation in Shade 1 Soft sand to highlight, you can use any concealers or foundations lighter than your skintone.
  • E.l.f professional concealer brush to contour around my nose for more precision
  • Nima brush flat foundation brush to apply contour cream
  • Nima brush duo fibre stippling brush to blend bronzing cream. You just want to buff it in to the skin and remove harsh lines, not completely mix it other wise you will lose your definition. 

 
Here is a photo of me before, during and after contouring and highlighting! :) It is very natural but looks so much better than flat skin!
 
I used Mac Soft & Gentle on the tops of my cheekbones, quick sweep down along my nose and on my chin just for that extra bit of shimmer and as you can see it adds a lovely dewy texture to my skin.
 
Let me know how you get on and if this was any help to you at all, I love feedback on the blog :)
 
xoxo
 
 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Hello Katie! These tips are great and the photo of you after all your contouring and highlighting is stunning! I'd love to give this a go. Thanks for linking up to my blog hop. Have a lovely weekend :)

    Fiona @ www.dollydowsie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million! So delighted to see more comments appearing on the blog as a result of your blog hop! Really gives you a little lift :) Same to you xx

      Delete
  2. Really like your blog! Saw you from Fiona's blog hop and followed you!

    Rebecca x

    http://rebecca-casey.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet, hope you enjoy reading my blog and if you have any blog posts in particular you enjoyed let me know! i'll go check out your blog now! Love linking up with other bloggers :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. It is amazing what a bit of highlighting and contouring can do, it can really change how someone looks :). I used to use YSL Touché Éclat on my ummmm "lines" will need to try that again.

    wantingtobeadomesticgoddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, I love the glow and shape it gives to my face. i'm too lazy to do it everyday though! Haha Oh you should definitely go for it, works wonders! :) Loving your recipes on your blog btw! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig