Friday 16 August 2013

To be or not to be (gluten free)


Zooey Deschanel, Victoria Beckham, Gwynnie Paltrow are all celebs who have gone gluten free. Zooey Deschanel is the one exception who is actually coeliac, but "gluten isn't good for you anyway."

Going wheat free is a major trend now in diets. Wheat is said to encourage bloating and weight gain and causes fatigue and headaches. I decided to test out a wheat free diet, as for years I have suffered with crippling stomach pains, bloating, and headaches. I've been tested for coeliac diesease it was negative however this does not 100% mean I am not allergic to gluten. 

Many people in this day and age are gluten sensitive as food today particularly our carbs are so overprocessed and filled with chemicals that can cause an imbalance in our tolerance levels so I ditched the bread and pasta and bought myself gluten free versions. Kelkin brown bread toasted actually does tastes like the real deal if a little lacking in taste, and Lidl were doing a special on gluten free pasta. I cooked it today and it tastes exactly like the real thing

So give it a go, you never know it could make big differences to your overall health, and weight loss...fingers crossed! ;) 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig