Friday 1 November 2013

Love your enemies

"Love your enemies,
Just in case your friends
Turn out to be a bunch of bastards."

I stumbled across this quote in a book I found in a charity shop entitled Confessions of a Gossip Columnist by Jason O'Callaghan. The quote seriously struck a chord with me about the irony of life.

I have been in a bit of a blogging slump, so I decided to take part in Blogember! A blogging challenge to blog every day in November, and this was the first topic: One of the best lessons life has shown you.

I really believe you have to look out for yourself first, and stop worrying about everyone else.

I was always a person who worried about what other people thought, and felt pressured by other people into doing things until one day I just snapped. I was sick of being treated badly by those so-called friends, those people who just live off negativity and love to inject it into others lives.

I was fed up of being brought down by other people who had nothing better to do than bitch. Because although I know a lot of us might not want to think it, but if they are bitching about someone you can be 1 billion percent sure they are bitching about you too.

I got sick of being around that negativity. People who think nothing of sitting in a corner, bitching about people on a night out seriously must have some self esteem problems going on that they need to deal with instead of trying to talk about other people.

This negativity was really eating into my brain, my soul, my thoughts my feelings. I started to get panic attacks, and anxiety over how people would react if I didn't do what they wanted. I realised finally with the help of people who do care for me, namely my family, my boyfriend and a few select friends that I don't need these sad, pathetic, negative people in my life.

So I cut all contact. It was tough, these people can be like bloodsuckers. It is tough to get rid of them, it might almost seem like you need a barring order, but once they get the message and get them out of your life, you can start to live again and be happy like you are meant to be.

My life lesson is people can only bring you down if you let them.

You need to stand up for what you believe in. Surround yourself with positivity and you can only be happy.

Also, if it ever comes to who to listen to for advice or life lessons, your mammy ALWAYS knows best!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig