Sunday 11 May 2014

Summer Essentials: Penney's/Primark Finds

What kind of a summer shop would it be without nipping into Penneys? Sarah from www.atthebeautydesk.blogspot.ie is hosting the #LetsTalkBlogChallenge and last weeks topic was Summer Essentials. Now being an Irish girl and blogger Penneys/Primark was first stop for me for summer essentials. You can't not go into that shop and come out empty handed, its practically a rule!


 
So I decided to focus my blog post on my recent Penney's summr haul and add in a few bits that I have yet to get, enjoy! :-)
 


 
The most difficult purchase of the summer shop has to be the bikini, but I picked this up, tried it on and bought it within 5 minutes! I love the 1950s sailor style of it which definitely suits my figure and any ladies who are hourglass or pear shaped. The high waisted bottoms brings attention to your waist, my smallest part. The bikini top gives great support to us bigger busted ladies!
 
It was a struggle but after kneeling on the ground and hunting among hundreds of bikini odds and ends I got my size and emerged triumphant! :-) Normally I would go a size up in bikini bottoms as they do tend to be on the skimpy side but in these I went a size down! I got a 36D on top and it fits me perfectly. I think it was €12 for the two pieces. Plus with your highwaisted bottoms you don't have to worry about sucking it in ;-) Might leave some funny tanlines though haha
 
 
I got a gorgeous loose denim with crocheted detail crop top for €9, and vertical striped denim high waisted shorts for €11 which was a bit dear for Penney's but they look gorgeous on. I got my statement beaded necklace for €8. I am loving the jewlery they have in at the moment, it just pulls an outfit together and can dress something casual up effortlessly :)
 
My mum actually picked up the bright coral cami for me which was a bargain at only €4, and she put it under the see through lace top with a peplum effect which was €8. They look fab together, and layering means it looks more expensive than it was!
 
That coral cami will look fab with a tan as well ;-) I will definitely be picking up a few of them. The fit is great. I also picked up a navy skort which was reduced to either €3 or a €5 and I am in love with it. The way the draping falls at the front means it looks really flattering.
 
 
The above is a pic i got online, but these are the sandals I got last year in Penney's and wore to death. They have a kind of colourful aztec print which doesn't show up very well in the photo. I will definitely be on the look out for some comfy sandals this summer!
 
 
 
Can't go wrong with some Penney's sunnies! most of them are only €2 and they don't go over a fiver so you won't mind too much when you sit on them/leave them at the airport. You can even buy a few pairs like the ones above in different styles :)


It wouldn't be summer without the gorgeous smelling coconut Malibu suncream, now available in for between €4.50 and €5,50 in Penneys. I don't know about you but the scent always makes me think about summer!!

Tell me ladies, what are your summer essentials?? :) Comment below
 
xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig