Thursday 10 July 2014

Most Talked About Make-up Haul


After listening to so many beauty bloggers go crazy over some of these products I decided it was high time I invested in them, both for my kit and for my face. So while I was in town for a day out with my bestie, I decided to do serious damage to my bank balance and treat myself!


In the above pic I am wearing MAC lippie in 'Toying Around' from the MAC Playland Collection! I'm feeling lucky because some of my other blogger gals told me it was all sold out on the BT website, so it was just chance I got my hands on it! It looks quite red in the picture but it is actually a hot coral pink. It is actually stunning, my god. I have never seen a lippy like it. You really need to try it on to see for yourself. It illuminates you and it looks almost neon! But in a good way ;) 




The MAC artist Jenni, in Brown Thomas Grafton St paired it with lip liner in Dynamo. You really need a structured lip when you are rocking a bright colour.

She also made up my face with Studio Sculpt foundation in NC25. I have never used this foundation before as I usually would go for Studio Fix Fluid but she told me that since I have normal to dry skin, the studio sculpt foundation is gel based and would be more hydrating. I don't know how true this is, but she made my skin look so so amazing so I bought it. Haha!

One thing that frustrates me when I get a foundation tested out on me is that I can NEVER manage to make it look as good as they do! I use primer, have good quality makeup brushes...and yet I never seem to achieve the same full coverage flawless finish without seriously layering it on...What is this trickery?! Answers on a postcard please...

I had heard so much about the MAC Fix plus spray for hydrating the skin, locking in moisture and keeping your makeup on. Instead of splurging I bought the travel size, which was smart as after one use, I am not overly wowed at all. It refreshes your face, I don't know how much it does towards keeping your makeup on though!

So just in case this didn't work out I purchased the Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray! I know, I know...I spent a lot but sure I barely ever spend big on make-up and I will use it for my kit, so it's an investment. This was €12 for 30ml which I think was quite good! I haven't tested it out yet, but the science behind it has me intrigued! It has a temperature control technology which lowers the temperature of your face by 20% so you don't sweat that perfectly applied makeup off. Here's hoping it works!!

Let me know if you have tried any of these products out, and if my review talked you into purchasing! I don't mind being the enabler when it comes to makeup ;-)

Check in with me on www.facebook.com/bloggingitbeautiful for all the beauty buzz

xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oh I love that lippy! Thats on my next purchase list! The Urban Decay spray is fantastic, I bought the small one too to see if it works or if I would break out, I will definitely buy the larger one next. It really does keep your makeup in place! Great post, let us know how you get on with the foundation too xx

    Leanne
    www.blatherandbeauty.ie

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig