Tuesday 17 June 2014

Holiday Essentials: What to Bring

My holiday essentials list:

  • Three pairs of shorts 
I went for denim, striped and white. These are all classics, and the high waisted option makes them so flattering. They are also basic so can work with many looks. 




  • Five tops that can work for day or night. I chose bright slogan vest tops, and a light striped sleeveless shirt from h&m which can look dressy when paired with white and tan accessories. Cami's are also a great option as they work with so many different looks and are light and easy to wear in that summer sun :)


  • The all important bikinis

50s style works well with curvy figures


I am in love with halterneck style tops, underwire and high waisted bottoms the perfect match for our pear, hourglass or apple figures 


A fun print adds an interesting detail



Couldn't resist this aztec print, bandeaus can be worn as a bra with any nice going out tops when you don't want bra straps ruining your look

WARNING: bandeaus will make you look flat chested 

  • Summer sandals
It can be so unbelievably hard to find some decent comfortable sandals that don't cost an arm and a leg. After trawling the shops I actually got a pair in Penneys for around six or eight euro. Now obviously they aren't great quality but I tried Next, River island, Dunnes all for sandals and they were all badly sized or uncomfortable



  • Suncream!! 
I am loving the Malibu brand as it smells so fantastic. A sort of coconut smell that I've always associated with summer holidays :)

I would reccomend an SPF of 30, but I bought the handiest travel size pack in Penney's which included spf 20, spf 15 and a soothing aftersun. Happy days! 


I'm working on some double duty beauty products to bring on holiday as I really don't like the high maintenance look yet all my makeup is far too heavy and takes up too much space for a holiday look. I hope to have a post up before I go on my hols so watch this space.... ;) If you have any suggestions leave them in the comments. 

xoxo






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig