Tuesday 17 June 2014

Summer Beauty Detox

Summer is the perfect time to detox your beauty routine and clear out that all important beauty routine!

Your skin can turn two or three shades darker in the summer sun so it means a new foundation will be in order. You don't want to be wearing that thick base you have been wearing all winter, all you want is a little coverage because the sun will providing you with all the healthy glow you need!

A concealer, brown mascara, a cream blusher and a lip tint is all you need in your summer makeup bag. If you really can't do without your finished look add in some bronzer and a liquid highlighter and your good to go! You don't want to be sticking to powder products as combined with a little bit of sweat these can tend on look on the cakey side. Cream based products will ensure a natural finish!


 
Get glowy skin like J.Lo
 
 
 
A liquid highlighter such as Benefit's High Beam, MAC Strobe Cream or No7 Skin Illuminator will help you create this glow
 


Don't forget the all important SPF. No one wants to come back off their hols looking like a wrinkly old handbag!

La Roche Posay do a fab spf30 for face only sun cream that is a matte quick drying fluid, perfect formula for the face.

 
Best Spf for Face


Now when it comes to summer, hair can be one of the things neglected. Chlorine and too much sun exposure can all leave your hair damaged and in need of some tlc. I recommend Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner.

A good leave in conditioner is also a must. I love Equave leave in conditioner, a must have for all hair dressers to remove those tangles. I picked up a Miracle 10 treatment from Penney's the other day, it promised to protect hair from UVA rays and give it body/repair split ends and create miracles by the sounds of it!

Sea salt texturising spray

When it comes to summer styling, sea salt spray is something I always said I would try but never did. It is supposed to be the last word when it comes to beachy summer hair. I already have a natural wave in my hair so I expect it will work a little better than if your hair is poker straight but I picked up Toni & Guy Sea Salt texturising spray in handy travel size from Boots. Just spray on freshly washed damp hair and tousle to the desired effect.

Hope these summer beauty tips help and I'll post a few pics on www.facebook.com/bloggingitbeautiful of my holiday faces and the beauty products I use xx


 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts in the comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig